Equality and Diversity
I have substantial experience of undertaking research into the needs and aspirations of minority groups, using a range of qualitative research techniques.
I have experience of developing housing strategies and policies to address these needs and of undertaking equality and diversity audits of housing services.
In addition I have expereince of developing community cohesion strategies.
Working either alone or in collaboration with other consultants, I have been involved in the following equality and diversity projects:
- Merthyr Tydfil Community Safety Partnership - Development of a Community Cohesion Strategy and Action Plan (completed 2011) with Joanne McNally & Anne Delaney
- CIH Cymru – Equality and Diversity Briefing (completed 2009)
- Cadarn Housing Group – Equality Impact Assessment of Customer facing services (completed 2008) as part of CEDC
- United Welsh Housing Association Ltd- Production of BME Housing Strategy and Action Plan (completed 2004) as part of CEDC
- Powys County Council – Research into the Housing Needs of BME Communities in Powys (completed 2004) as part of CEDC
- Neath Port Talbot CBC – Research into the housing needs of BME communities in Neath Port Talbot (completed 2004) as part of CEDC
- Vale of Glamorgan Council – Production of BME Housing Strategy (completed 2004) as part of CEDC
- Bridgend CBC – Production of BME Housing Strategy (completed 2003) as part of CEDC