Driven by a strong commitment to promoting social justice and strengthening communities, I began working in the social housing sector in 1986. The early stages of my career were spent managing supported housing projects.
I subsequently worked within the local authority and housing association sectors in a variety of roles including homelessness, housing management and policy development. From 1991 to 2003 I specialised in local government housing policy and strategy development. From 1999 to 2003 this was at Assistant Director level within a Unitary Authority. Whilst working in local government I gained substantial human resource and project management experience.
Areas of responsibility in posts included:
- the development of the strategic housing function, including establishing and maintaining relationships with housing associations and independent sector organisations
- the development of the corporate housing strategy and a range of sub strategies
- the implementation of the Supporting People programme
- research and policy development
- performance management and continuous improvement
- tenant engagement
- housing finance
- operational housing management
Since May 2003 I have operated successfully as an independent housing and equalities consultant.
BA (Hons) Geography
Postgraduate Diploma in Housing Administration
Membership and voluntary activty
I am a corporate member of the Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) and an active member of the National Business Unit of CIH Cymru.
I am a member of the Board of Care and Repair Cymru.
For information please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org